We are here today to give you a quick check list of all the important things you may need to have a fun and successful day of shopping with us!
- GET THERE EARLY– Arrive before the market opens to park, get in line and get first dibs at all handmade & found treasures. Things go fast once we open and once it’s gone it GONE!
- Tape measure– If you are considering buying a painted, antique or a found piece of furniture measure the space (or spaces) in your home you are looking to fill. Write those measurement down to reference back to while shopping. This is also true for wall art- knowing how big or small you want to go before you shop will save you time and help you from purchasing something that won’t work in your space.
- Wear comfortable clothing & shoes– Shopping 150 vendors, who are so insanely talented, takes some time. You will want to check out EVERYTHING so be prepared to spend some time in each booth.
- Wagon or something to carry around your treasures– Nothing stinks more than wanting to purchase something and having your hands so full you are uncomfortable or have to make trips back to the truck. Bring a large shopping tote, wagon or LOTS OF FRIENDS to haul your finds from booth to booth.
- Cash– CASH over credit card will get a better deal if you are looking to negotiate a price on a bigger ticketed item. FYI: We do not have an ATM on site so be prepared.
- Truck– Nothing is worse than wanting to take home that amazing architectural salvage piece, vintage find or that gorgeous buffet and not being able to fit in in your vehicle.
- Tie straps, plastic and blankets– We will be there to help you load anything large and get your goodies home safe and sound, if you do not know how to use a strap(they can be tough) we have you covered! Just make sure you have the things you may need to load up and head home.
- Friends– You will want someone to ask opinions and help load your goodies. Shopping with friends is the best way to shop!
- Pictures of other things in your home– If you are looking for wall art, pillows furniture or decor take some pictures of the room, other decor pieces you have so you can imagine what the finished product will look like. Most vendors are very good at helping shoppers put together vignettes that are appealing and work in any space. DON’T be afraid to ask their opinions- they love to help.
- WE HAVE FOOD TRUCKS– Don’t worry about eating before coming or packing snacks. We have tons of food options for you to choose from.
- Prepare for the weather- Watch the weather and prepare for it. Wear appropriate clothing and bring sunblock. The Finders Keepers Vintage Market at The Chelsea Community will be indoors for May 21st but you will still be walking from barn to barn to shop.
- Paper & Pen– You may want to get a vendors phone number, write down a booth number you want to revisit or take a few notes on pieces you find to compare.
- Deals happen at the end of the market– Stick around till the end or plan to come back for any really good deals. Vendors may not want to reload things that haven’t sold and are more willing to negotiate.
That’s IT!!! A pretty good list of anything you will need to have FUN & SHOP TIL YOU DROP!!!
We open tomorrow at 10am and close at 5pm. We are hoping for good weather, and to be able to set up outside, but if mother nature decides to rain some love down on us we will be set up inside 6 huge barns.
We can’t wait to meet all of you! You are going to LOVE every inch of our curated market!! Our vendors are talented, creative and helpful. You won’t meet a better bunch of hard-working shop keepers and small businesses.
See you tomorrow!
Jeanette & Patty